Outlook 2016 Email Setup
Below are the settings for adding your CommuniKate email account to Outlook 2016.
- Click File, Add Account, then Add Account again.
- Enter the email address you would like to add.
Click Advanced options, then check Let me set up my account manually.
- For the account type, choose IMAP.
- Under Incoming mail, change the incoming mail server to mail.securekate.com with the Port set to 993.
Change the encryption type to SSL/TLS.
- Under Outgoing mail, change the outgoing mail server to mail.securekate.com with the Port 465.
Change the encryption type to STARTTLS.
- Enter your email password, then click Connect
- Click OK
If you cannot send mail, please check the following settings.
Click File, Account Settings, then Account Settings again.
Highlight your e-mail address, then click Change.
Next to Incoming mail server, enter mail.securekate.com
Next to Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter mail.securekate.com
Enter your FULL e-mail address next to Username.
Enter your e-mail password next to Password.
Check the box called Remember password.
Click the More Settings button.
Click the Outgoing Server tab.
Check the box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
Click the Advanced tab.
Next to Incoming Server (IMAP), enter 993 and select SSL/TLS as the encryption type.
If your Incoming Server is (POP3), then enter 995.
Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter 465 and select STARTTLS as the encryption type.
Outlook will test your settings. Once the test is complete, click Close.